Privacy policy

Sunday 1 January 2012

New Year Resolution



Blogging on the first day of the new year. It was not a resolution but it should be. With moving, Christmas and no internet for a month, blogging has been neglected. The first of the year has been productive - blogging and creating too. I was a bit lost after the flurry of Christmas card and gift making. I watched lots of videos for ideas and decided it was time I tried an album.

I have been thinking a lot lately about the loss of photographs now they all go from digital camera to computer. It is so easy to loose them all if the machine dies. Like the bank that cannot give you cash if ‘the computers are down’!!!! Even with scratches negatives are much less fragile through time. I am going to try this year to print most of my photos and create prints not just invisible ‘files.’

With this new years resolution in mind I have made an album for my Mum. It is for Mother’s Day so I will not photograph it extensively and spoil the surprise if she looks in. I used a template from http://www.mycreativespirit.blogspot.com/ I think this lady has a brilliant eye for design in her pages and she is wonderfully calm and clear in tutorials. I have been inspired to make albums over the holidays.



I wanted to use a sea theme as we live near the sea and have lots of lovely photos of us all in water and sand. I have used Graphic 45 and a range of papers. I have also used a range of sea themed embellishments and stamps including Crafty Secrets Mermaids, Cherry Pie Art Stamps and my new inks from Santa. I have finished the album pages but I still have to make the tags and photo mats once I have printed out the pictures. I got really excited after making this and tried other formats but I like this one best so far. It is a great format for a beginner.

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Amanda what a fabulous New Year's resolution. Your mum is going to treasure this beautiful album you are making for her such an amazing keepsake.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous projekt.
    Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beautiful album.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Your album is beautiful, I love the colours. Your Mum will be thrilled. Thanks for sharing with us at FSC. Caz

    ReplyDelete